Unwanted hair, especially on exposed skin, is a common problem most people want treat. While shaving and hair removal methods are helpful, many still say that body waxing is more effective. It is because aside from removing large amounts of unwanted hair fast, it also ensures a smoother skin afterwards and a longer-lasting result. If you are planning to go this route to remove unwanted hair, then the following tips could be of help to you:
1. Prepare your skin This is crucial in preventing possible allergies. Exfoliate skin to remove dead skin cells and let the unwanted hair break through the surface. Avoid shaving prior to your waxing session. Your hair should be around 1/4 inch long. Note that it would be hard to pick up your hair strands if these are too short.
2. Prepare for the pain Note that despite the benefits of body waxing, it is quite painful, so you need to prepare yourself for it. Take one or two Advil tablets one hour before the session. This will let you manage the pain better. Also, avoid applying body lotion one day before the waxing procedure. If you are going for underarm waxing, then do not apply deodorant with antiperspirant on the area as it only makes it harder to remove the hair, thereby increasing the pain.
3. Put on baby powder Do this right after exfoliating. The baby powder works in absorbing any moisture, thereby making it easier for the waxing procedure to adhere properly to the skin.
4. Test the waxs temperature Use the most comfortable spreading temperature for you. Test the wax by applying a small amount to your skin first. It shouldnt be too cold as it prevents the wax from spreading properly, nor too hot as it might burn your skin.
5. Apply the wax and pull hair at the right direction It should always be at the direction where the hair grows since this ensures that the wax will adhere more fully. Once youve spread the wax, put a cloth strip over it. Press it down firmly. The strokes should be at the direction of hair growth. Let the strip set in the area for a few seconds. To remove the strip, hold the skin taut then pull it off quickly, but this time, it should be in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
6. Apply pressure to the area Do this right after the procedure. Once you remove the strip, apply pressure into the waxed skin. This will get rid of the sting while also making it less sensitive.
7. Avoid waxing the same skin more than twice This is damaging to the skin and extremely painful. For some stray hairs, remove them with the aid of tweezers, instead of going for a second round.
Aside from the ones above, you also need to follow a few aftercare tips. Use serum every day for ingrown hairs. Exfoliating the skin is also crucial in keeping it soft and smooth. You need to hydrate and moisturize your skin to avoid possible tear and discomfort before and after your next body waxing session.
The author does not allow comments to this entry